Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Missing You

How is possible to love something so much-- something that you don't even have yet? I feel that way when it comes to children. I feel like that's what my calling is (being a mother) even more so than nursing. And I feel like each month that it's put off is another month that I'm missing out. And I'm ready, believe me. I was born ready, I think. I'm already so in love with my future children, even though I have no idea what they look like, what they'll turn out to be...is that weird? You can give me all the advice about "staying young" and waiting "until I'm older," but it's mine and Daniel's life, and we feel like we're meant to have children early on. I want to be a mom more than anything in the world. Some days I think "Am I really only 22?" Because my mindset is SO not of a 22 year old.

So, as the next few months come around, please pray for me and Daniel! That we make the best decisions possible, and that things work out :) I have a lot of worries.

2 comments:

  1. I was 24 when I conceived Ryan and 25 when I had him. My only problem with being a young mom, is finding other young moms. Today its all about waiting till they are in their 30s or even 40s.
    I enjoy having him young. I think age doesn't matter, as long as your married, and have a home and income to care for a child, then go for it. You will not regret it EVER! No matter how bad the days get. My only advice is to maybe travel, do something now that you can't do with a child. Even if you have a sitter, its still hard to leave your kids behind. I wish I would have traveled more.
    I will keep you guys in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. We are far too much alike! :) Except.. I am only 20.. and I've been struggling with this since I was 18 when I got married... I am praying SO hard for God to quiet my desires for children until His perfect time. It really is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with and am dealing with.. I won't tell you to wait until you're older, but just make sure your desire for children doesn't smother your desire for God and His will/plan for your life. I fell pretty hard on my face when I realized that's what I was doing... it was a hard fall especially since it was the love of my life that pointed it out to me... ouch! I'll be praying for you two!

    ReplyDelete